So you have to lose weight and you need to maintain it once you shed those extra pounds. Shopping is a critical aspect in losing weight and also controlling your weight. Because if you don’t shop for the right food, you will not be consuming the right food.
Simple, Garbage in, Garbage out.
1. Always Come Prepared: It is always a good idea to come prepared with a shopping list so that you know exactly what you need. Also that will give you time ahead to think of the food you need not want
2. Don’t Ever Shop When You are Hungry: Never do grocery shopping when you are hungry. Why? Because you are more likely to choose junk foods and high calorie foods that are plain unhealthy.
3. Choose a mix of colors in vegetables: As far as picking vegetables are concerned, always go for a mix of colors. For example, choose red tomatoes, green lettuce and yellow peppers.
4. Whole grain cereals, Pasta and Bread: There is a popular myth that eating cereals would constitute a healthy breakfast. That is not necessarily true. Remember even if you are eating cereals for breakfast, you have to choose the right type. There are a lot of cereals which are high sugar and low fiber. These are not good for your body. Instead choose cereals which score high on fiber. Also stick to whole grain bread and pasta as they are good for your body.
5. Reduced Fat Milk or Soy Milk: When you are looking for milk, it is preferable to choose reduced fat milk or skimmed milk. You can also try soy milk as well since they are a good source of proteins.